Call for poster submissions
Call for abstracts
Researchers and clinicians are kindly invited to submit their research as an abstract to present a poster at the conference. Please note that only abstracts that meet the guidelines outlined below will be considered for presentation. The deadline for final abstract submission is 7 August 2021.
Abstracts will be selected for presentation as posters by the Scientific committee by a peer review process. All accepted abstracts will be included in the proceedings of the conference. The committee reserves the right to decline any submitted abstract that lacks scientific content or merit, or merely announces the availability of a resource or service. It is inappropriate to submit an abstract with an obvious commercial intent. The Scientific Committee’s decision is final.
Guidelines for abstracts
Abstract length is limited to a maximum of 300 words. Check your abstract carefully before submitting. Typos cannot be corrected after submission. An abstract must be complete in all its parts and include the following:
- Title: Please use sentence case for the title (only first word capitalized). Avoid abbreviations. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first.
- Authors: The author's names (first name, surname) and affiliation (institution, city, country) should be given. Degrees, titles, street addresses should be omitted. Make sure you have included all co-authors in the proper order and have indicated the presenting author and included the presenting author’s email address. Authors cannot be added after the submission deadline.
- Objectives and/or hypotheses
- Acknowledgements and a conflict-of-interest disclosure statement. If any, these must be indicated at the bottom of the abstract. A conflict of interest exists if authors or their institutions have financial or personal relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their actions. Significant conflicts of interest include financial benefits, subsidies or support for research, employment, a consultancy contract, large shareholdings or work in a public relations department.
- References, if any, need to be included in the text – not as footnotes.
The posters will be on display during the whole two days of the symposium for all delegates to peruse. In order to facilitate scientific interaction, there will be a Q&A chat function on the symposium platform where attendees will be able to communicate with the presenting authors. The presenting authors are asked to monitor and answer the questions regarding their posters during the two days of the symposium.
Guidelines for posters
The poster should be a clear visual presentation of your submitted abstract. Due to the virtual nature of the symposium we are only accepting electronic posters in PDF format. Printed posters or photographs of printed posters will not be accepted. Please use A4 size formatted vertically (portrait).
*Conference registration for presenting authors
Poster presenters will be eligible for complimentary registration to the symposium after poster acceptance on 6 August 2021. They will receive a single-use, personalized, non-transferrable link for complimentary registration to the symposium.
The authors will be notified on the success of their application by email by 13 August 2021.
2021 Medela Symposium poster abstract
Enter all details for your poster abstract here