New portable breast pump from Medela offers more milk and more freedom for breastfeeding families
McHenry, IL, October 5, 2021 – Medela, the most trusted breast pump brand in North America*, announced today the launch of Swing Maxi™, a smart double electric breast pump that provides a portable solution offering the freedom to pump whenever and wherever with the trusted technology breastfeeding families count on from Medela.
“Breastfeeding can be overwhelming, especially in the early days,” explains Nancy Heaton, vice president of marketing and e-commerce for Medela Americas. “For parents across North America who want to give their baby breast milk, we’re excited to introduce Swing Maxi as the intuitive, smart and portable breast pump solution that offers the freedom to pump whenever, wherever, without compromising on performance or comfort.”
The new Swing Maxi together with the award-winning Medela Family™ app simplifies portable pumping while ensuring that moms pump more milk in less time.1
- Mobility without compromise with Medela’s unique proven technology.
Swing Maxi is a closed system solution with a USB charging port and a 1.5-hour built-in battery that fits in the palm of their hand and can keep up with their needs whenever and wherever life takes them. Together with Medela’s 2-Phase Expression® Technology and PersonalFit Flex™ breast shields, moms can expect more comfortable pumping to ensure they get the most milk in less time.1
- Intuitive design that offers everything moms need to confidently reach their personal breastfeeding goals. The Swing Maxi features Medela’s iconic 4-button interface with 9 pre-programmed settings, and comes with two sizes of shields to ensure a perfect fit, as well as collection containers and bottle stands to collect and store milk without risk of spill. The Swing Maxi and all its accessories fit conveniently in a discreet micro-fiber backpack.
- Take the guesswork out of pumping with Medela Family. Breastfeeding parents can connect the Swing Maxi to the free Medela Family app to access automatic real-time tracking, personalized science-based content and tips, a unique virtual milk storage feature that makes it easy to see what’s on-hand for baby at any time, and a personal chatbot to answer breastfeeding questions.
- Accessible wherever mom shops – and covered by insurance. Swing Maxi is available through major medical suppliers that accept insurance, including Aeroflow Breastpumps, Acelleron, Byram Healthcare, breastpumps.com, Edwards Health Care Services, Medsource LLC, 1 Natural Way, Pumping Essentials, Storkpump by AdaptHealth, and Yummy Mummy. Additional breast pump distributors will be available in the coming months. Swing Maxi is also available in the USA on Amazon and will be on shelf at Walmart and buybuy BABY in the coming months. For Canadian shoppers, Swing Maxi will be available at Amazon, Babies ‘R Us and buybuy BABY later this year.
For more information, visit Medela’s Swing Maxi.
Medela is focused on expanding the support available to new parents, introducing new digital resources and breastfeeding products throughout the year. Recently, Medela introduced its new Silicone Breast Milk Collector as a companion to breastfeeding, collecting each precious drop of breast milk and Medela Baby, the company’s new category expansion, featuring a full range of pacifiers for infants through 18 months and beyond. Purelan™ delivers protection for breastfeeding moms with its advanced formulation of medical-grade, single-ingredient lanolin.
* Voted most trusted breast pump brand by United States and Canadian shoppers based on the 2021 BrandSpark® American and Canadian Trust Studies