Medela core behaviours
Shaping our culture and creating a common framework for success
Put the customer first
- Everything we do is for our customers.
- To exceed their expectations, we intimately understand our markets and the customer needs. Customer delight is the responsibility of each and every one of us.
- We understand that every action will have an impact on our customer. It represents the opportunity to turn that customer into a life-long advocate for Medela. This is the first and last goal for all of us.
- We take ownership because we believe that taking action is not someone else’s responsibility. We are entrepreneurs and care about the outcome of our job as if it was our own business.
- We discuss and align, but then we make a decision and we stand by it.
- This involves taking calculated risks and accepting honest mistakes. This is how we learn and become the best.
Work as a team
- We have the most talented professionals in our industry. When we work together, we make miracles happen.
- That’s why we don’t work in isolation. We reach out for input. We toss ideas and thoughts forth and back. We listen to each other.
- We create an atmosphere where the strength of everyone comes into play, enhanced by the power of team-spirit.
- Focussing on the problems usually gives us more of them. That’s why we tackle problems heads on. We channel our attitude, time and energy to finding solutions rather than breeding more problems.
- We fight complexity and administrative burden. We elminiate waste and look for pragmatic solutions that allow us to achieve our goals - fast and efficiently.
- Our sense of urgency keeps us open-minded and eager to change the status quo. This is how we develop the best solutions for our customers and their consumers.
Strive for excellence
- As the market leader, our customers expect excellence from us. We don’t compromise when it comes to our products, our quality and our services. We love to win and advance.
- We set high standards for ourselves and each other. We continuously learn by seeking out new knowledge and skills.
- We love to win and celebrate our successes, but we also recognize our mistakes and learn from them.
- We recognize that our people are our biggest differentiator. We develop our people, we communicate effectively and foster a culture of transparency and respect.
- We provide the means to expanding our skills and knowledge on the job and create new professional opportunities.
- We care about the wellbeing of our employees and are committed to provide a great workplace for everyone.