Supporting nonprofit milk banks affected by the formula and donor milk shortage
In support of milk banks helping to fill the gap caused by the formula shortage, in June Medela announced its #MomsUnite4Milk initiative benefitting milk banks with a $25,000 donation and offering 1,000 moms storage bags if they committed to donating their milk.
Today, we are proud to announce our support of the following nonprofit milk banks as part of our commitment to this effort.
- The Milk Bank – Indianapolis, IN
- Mothers’ Milk Bank of Louisiana - Ochsner Baptist
- Mountain West Mothers Milk Bank
- Mothers’ Milk Bank of Colorado
- Mothers’ Milk Bank of Mississippi
- Human Milk Repository of New Mexico
- The New York Milk Bank
- Mothers’ Milk Bank of North Texas
- Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies
- Mothers’ Milk Bank in San Jose CA
- Northwest Mothers Milk Bank in Tigard OR
The #MomsUnite4Milk initiative will continue through the end of July. Moms who are donating to their local nonprofit milk bank can get free storage bags by emailing MedelaCares@Medela.com. To date, participating moms have donated more than 39,000 ounces to nonprofit milk banks throughout North America.
To learn more visit: www.medela.us/breastfeeding/supporting-moms