Swing Maxi™ – Double Electric Breast Pump
The new Swing Maxi™ is a compact and easy to use double electric breast pump with improved mobility to fit seamlessly into your lifestyle.
At a glance
- Double pumping for up to 18% more milk in less time 1.
- 2-Phase Expression™ technology mimics your baby's natural sucking rhythm 2, 3.
- PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield for increased comfort and 11% more milk 4. 2 sizes included.
- Improved mobility: built-in rechargeable battery for up to 6 pumping sessions on one full charge.
- Faster charging with USB type C port, compared to micro-USB port.
- Easy to use: 4-button intuitive interface and 9 pre-programmed settings.
- Easy to assemble and clean thanks to few parts.
- Noticeably quieter compared to the previous generation, only 45 dB at the Maximum Vacuum Level.
- Closed system prevents breast milk from entering the tubing.
More milk in less time. Just like it's predecessor Swing Maxi Flex™, the new Swing Maxi™ is a double pump that allows you to extract milk from both breasts simultaneously to make your pumping twice as fast. In addition, pumping both sides at the same time is proven to yield up to 18% more milk 1.
2-Phase Expression™ technology. During a feeding session, babies start by using short, fast sucks to stimulate the Milk Ejection Reflex. Once the milk begins to flow, babies change to a slower, individual rhythm to actually feed. Medela's 2-Phase Expression™ technology mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythms – fast to stimulate milk flow, then slower to provide optimal milk flow.
PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield. With a 105-degree opening angle, soft rim and oval shape for a better fit, the PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield puts less pressure on your milk ducts than traditional breast shields, resulting in a more effective and comfortable pumping experience. More comfort for you, up to 11% more milk for your baby – clinically proven 4. Two sizes of breast shield included: 21 mm and 24 mm.
Pump wherever you are, even if no power outlet available. With the cutting-edge available USB type C connector, the built-in rechargeable battery charges faster compared to the micro USB port, lasting for up to six pumping sessions when fully charged.
Intuitive and hassle-free. Swing Maxi™ has nine pre-programmed settings that you can choose and control with the help of four easy-to-use buttons. Built with fewer parts, Swing Maxi double electric breast pump makes assembly and cleaning a child’s play.
- 1 x Swing Maxi motor unit
- 2 x 150 ml bottle with lid
- 2 x bottle stand
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ connector
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield size 21 mm
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield size 24 mm
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x USB power adapter
- 1 x instruction for use for Swing Maxi
Is Medela Swing Maxi a closed system?
Yes. The closed system in Swing Maxi and Swing Maxi Flex breast pumps prevents milk from overflowing and leaking into the pump mechanism. This helps ensure that your expressed milk stays safe and clean, but also that your pump's components are protected from potential damage.
How do you clean the Swing Maxi breast pump?
The Medela Swing Maxi breast pump is quick and easy to clean as it only has a few pump set components that need to be washed: breast shields, connectors, membranes and bottles. Wash the disassembled parts in plenty of soapy water and rinse carefully or clean in a dishwasher (on the top rack or in the cutlery section). You don’t need to clean the motor unit or wash the tubing: as part of a closed system, it has no contact with milk, only with air. For further information, please read our Instruction for use.
To sterilise the Medela Swing Maxi breast pump is simple: Submerse the pump set parts in boiling water on the stovetop for five minutes or use the microwaveable Medela Quick Clean bags for sterilisation. For further information, please read our Instruction for use.
Where can I buy Medela Swing Maxi?
Click here for updated information about resellers in your country and region.
How do you use Medela Swing Maxi?
The Medela Swing Maxi breast pump was designed to be easy to use thanks to intuitive controls. The pump comes with only four user-friendly buttons on the motor unit and simple icons that show the main functions. It comes with nine pre-programmed settings to make it easy for you to choose your Maximum Comfort Vacuum level. Learn more about how to use the breast pump and its functionalities in our Instruction for use.
How long does it take to express milk with a Medela Swing Maxi breast pump?
Expressing times may vary from woman to woman and between pump sessions. On average, it takes around 15 minutes to express milk from each breast. Being a double electric breast pump, Medela Swing Maxi allows you to express both breasts simultaneously helping you to save time.
Why is my Medela Swing Maxi pump losing suction?
If you think your Medela Swing Maxi breast pump isn’t working properly, make sure everything is set up correctly following these steps:
- Make sure all pump set components are clean and completely dry and that all connections are secure.
- While pumping, make sure the breast shields form a secure seal around your breast.
- When single pumping, make sure that the unused tubing end is correctly plugged into the tubing holder.
If suction doesn’t improve after following the above steps, please contact the Medela Customer Service.
What’s the difference between Medela Swing and Swing Maxi?
Medela Swing Maxi is a double electric breast pump while Medela Swing is a single electric breast pump. This means that Medela Swing Maxi has a stronger motor to ensure effective double-pumping. Double pumping saves you time and has been shown to yield 18% more milk 1.
What is the difference between Medela Swing Maxi and Medela Freestyle Flex?
Both are double electric breast pumps that help express more milk in less time and come with a rechargeable built-in battery. Medela Freestyle Flex, however, includes advanced features, such as an illuminated digital control panel for additional useful information and Bluetooth connectivity with the Medela tracking app.
Do I need a double electric breast pump?
If you express milk regularly, a double electric breast pump will help you save time during your pumping sessions. Expressing milk with a double breast pump can help you save half the time per session and increase your expressed milk volume by 18%1.
Is a double breast pump better than a single?
Double pumping saves you time as you express milk from both breasts simultaneously instead of just one after the other. It has also been shown to increase the expressed milk volume by 18% in one session 1.
1. Prime DK et al. Simultaneous breast expression in breastfeeding women is more efficacious than sequential breast expression. Breastfeed Med. 2012; 7(6):442–447
2. Kent JC et al. Response of breasts to different stimulation patterns of an electric breast pump. J Hum Lact. 2003; 19(2):179–186
3. Mitoulas L et al. Effect of vacuum profile on breast milk expression using an electric breast pump. J Hum Lact. 2002; 18(4):353–360.
4. Sakalidis VS et al. Breast shield design impacts milk removal dynamics during pumping: A randomised controlled non-inferiority trial. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2020:doi: 10.1111/aogs.13897